Principal Point of Faith #2:
Thinking Deeper: Understanding Our Relationship to God
Fill in the blank from each verse and think about its meaning.
1. The wicked, through the pride of his coutenance, will not ________ God: God is not in all his thoughts. or…
NKJV: These wicked people are too proud to seek God. They seem to think that God is dead.
Why do many people not want to think about one supreme, all-powerful God?
Why do we sometimes forget God (or put Him out of our thoughts)?
2. Those who seek with all their heart will ________ God (Jer. 29:13)
What steps must you and I take to “seek” or “find” God?
3. The pure in heart shall ________ God (Matt. 5:8)
What does it mean to be “pure in heart”?
4. Those who keep his commandments ________ God (1 John 2:3)
How do we keep his commandments?
5. The angel commanded John: ________ God (Rev. 19:10)
6. God’s people will ________ him (Ps. 150:1)
How do we worship God?
7. Paul ________ God and took courage (Acts 28:15)
When should we “praise” or “thank” God?
8. Abraham ________ God (Gal. 3:6)
How do we show that we believe God?
9. The discouraged should ________ in God (Ps. 43:5)
10. God saves the ________ (Ps. 7:10)
What does it mean to be “upright in heart”?
11. We cannot ________ God and mammon (Matt. 6:24)
How do we serve God?
12. You must ________ God with all your ________ , ________ , and ________ (Mark 12:30-31)
How can I apply these commands in my life?
13. I ________ the law of God (Rom. 7:22)
14. We ________ God in spirit and in truth (John 4:24)
How do we do this?
15. ________ in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. (Prov. 3:5)