A parable of the virtuous life
I want to take you with me today as I visit this quaint dear lady from long ago. So that you know who she is, I will give you a few get-acquainted facts about her:
Her price is “far above rubies” – Proverbs 31:10
Her praise: “Her children rise up and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her – Proverbs 31:28
Her pre-eminence: “Many daughters have done well, but you excel them all.– Proverbs 31:29
Her secret: she is “a Woman who fears the Lord.” – Proverbs 31:30
Mrs. Far -Above-Rubies lives at Godly House which is located on the Way of Holiness in Blessing-town. Her house is built on the Rock of Ages, over which the Way of Holiness runs, en route to Celestial City. Her house overlooks the boundless sea of the Rich Beauties of the Goodness of God. Built foursquare on the Rock of Ages, the house faces eastward and receives the full stream of light all day from the Sun of Righteousness. The windows in the house are distinctly named: “Pray without ceasing,” “Rejoice evermore,” and “In everything give thanks.”
The house is built with the “exceeding great and precious promises” of the Scriptures, “Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone.” The house has never been shaken by any storm.
The rooms in the house are all lighted with “the light of the knowledge of the glory of God.” The house is well furnished throughout with “every good and perfect gift … from above.”
Mrs. Far-Above Rubies employs two house servants Goodness and Mercy. They are such faithful servants that they follow her all the days of her life.
What comes from her kitchen? It is a most wholesome diet of the Bread of Heaven and Water of Life, along with an abundance of the grapes of Eshcol, and the milk and honey from the Word, and corn and wine from Canaan. Everyone who eats from her table is truly “satisfied with good things.”
What comes from the garden of her house? Year round there is a harvest of “the fruit of the Spirit,” those beautiful fruits of “love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance.” Just step inside her house, and you will sense their delicious fragrance pervading the whole atmosphere.
Now that you know where Mrs. Far-Above Rubies lives, you will want to visit her often. Be sure to invite your friends to go with you.
And by the way, just who is she? Turn to
· Proverbs 8:11
· Proverbs 9:1-12
· Job 28:18
· Proverbs 3:13-15
· Proverbs 20:15
and you will find who Mrs. Far-Above-Rubies is.
I pray that we all work very diligently to study, meditate and apply all the wonderful virtues of Mrs. Far-Above-Rubies in this little short interval of time before the Lord comes. — DRM
“Godly House” – Isa. 56:7
Did you notice all the Bible texts that are referred to in the story of this virtuous woman? The Bible references are listed below.
· “Godly House” – Isa. 56:7;
· “Exceeding great and precious promises” – 2 Peter 1:4
· “Jesus Christ Himself being the chief corner stone” – Ephesians 2:20
· “The light of the knowledge of the glory of God” – 2 Cor. 4:6
· “Every good and perfect gift from above.” – James 1:17
· “Goodness and Mercy” – Psalm 23:6
· “All the days of her life” – Psalm 23:6
· “Bread of Heaven” – John 6:51, 54
· “Water of Life” – John 4:14; Revelations 21:6
· “Grapes of Eschol” – Numbers 13:23-24
· “Milk and honey” – Exodus 3:8
· “Corn and wine” – Isaiah 25:6
· “Satisfied with good things” – Prov. 12:14; Psalm 103:5
· “The fruit of the Spirit” – Galatians 5:22
· “Love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance” – Galatians 5:22-23